I am not a fan of giving a presentation in front of a group of people. I am normally very anxious, and I feel like I struggle at the start of each one. It takes me a bit to find my groove, and once I do I begin to relax. I normally prefer to give a presentation with a group, I really detest having to stand up there alone.
In order to prepare for one I try to do the following:
- Practice in front of a friend or family member.
- Write down my important points on a notecard.
- Go over the speech in my head over and over again.
Lessons I have learned to make a good speech:
- Try and connect with your audience.
- Make eye contact.
- Move around, try not to hide behind the podium.
- Know your subject.
- Be confident.
- Keep it simple.
One of the best tips I could pass on to someone is just try and have fun while you are up there. The more relaxed you are, the better your thought process will be.